Sure, there are plenty of portal solutions in the open source community, but if you're becoming daunted by the resources required to build an open source portal, Huddle offers a powerful portal platform that's been proven across the world's largest enterprises - and even across government departments. It's cloud-based, so you'll continuously benefit from new features and the latest version.
Huddle is more than a basic document management or portal solution. Our collaborative features make it easy for you to create, share, edit, and collaborate on content with your team, and clients and partners, whether you’re at your desk or on the move using our mobile apps. Every document stored in Huddle has its own comment thread, so there's no more jumping between emails to check feedback or review comments - all of your comments, and document revisions are in one place!.
Use a best-in-class solution
Don't risk the quality of your business portal - especially if you're using it to share and collaborate with clients.
- Many open source projects suffer from a slow development pace, where new versions are endlessly delayed. Huddle is cloud-based and you'll get regular updates without having to do anything!
- An open source project allows anyone to use the software without contributing. This leads to problems when an important, widely-used project has a severe lack of manpower and funds. Huddle has been a leader in collaboration and portal software for more than ten years, with experienced and proven infrastructure and development resources.
The #1 Apache alternative
Huddle is the perfect alternative to open source portal solutions like Apache, Liferay, Jetspeed, or uportal, offering simple deployment and a lower cost of ownership.
- Huddle can be deployed in a matter of minutes, compared to open source projects, which could take weeks, or even months.
- Fast user adoption - even for clients and partners. Huddle’s remarkably intuitive user interface is one of the major reasons Huddle is the #1 alternative.
- Effective content management, even when sharing externally with clients.
- More than just a content management system, Huddle includes all of the collaboration tools your team needs as standard.
Works the way you do
Open your files directly in your Microsoft Office or Google apps, make changes, and click save. It’s that easy! Your changes are now in your Huddle portal, a new version has been created, and your team notified of the update.
- Security built on open standards.
- Connects with your Microsoft and Google applications
- Microsoft Outlook plugin makes it easy to import emails and attachments into Huddle
- Cloud-based and nothing to install; securely access via a web browser.