Client collaboration works better with Huddle
Trying to use Box to collaborate with external clients and partners can be challenging, especially if you want to deploy a client portal solution for file sharing and collaboration. If you're looking for a Box alternative, Huddle offers users a unique, easy-to-use cloud solution to help you manage file transfer, content management, and collaboration with your partners and clients.
Tools like Box, Dropbox, Microsoft Onedrive, Google Drive, and Sharefile are built around files and folder structures – essentially becoming your C: Drive in the cloud. If you are looking for basic cloud storage and file sharing, these tools could be a sensible choice. But, when it comes to secure external collaboration, it can be difficult to configure these file sharing tools to deliver the partner and client experience that you need.
What do you need from a client portal?
We've worked with hundreds of businesses to help them build engaging client portals. So, if you're looking to build a client portal yourself, here are some of the things we've learned:
- It has to be easy for your clients to sign-up and use: With Huddle, there's a no-fuss sign-up process. Your clients can use their own workplace email address and access their portal in minutes.
- Clients want to be confident in the technology you've chosen: When you're file sharing sensitive client information, security must be top of your list of requirements. Huddle makes secure file sharing simple and easy, with the ability to track all document activity.
- What type of files do you need to share and collaborate on? File size is an important consideration. Some file sharing tools have limitations, much like your mailbox settings! If you need to share large files, including video, Huddle has you covered!
What makes Huddle different?
Unlike Box, Dropbox, and Google Drive, Huddle is more than just a file sharing / file storage tool. Huddle's unique Workspace approach to document collaboration makes it simple to create secure spaces in the cloud where you can engage and work with your clients.
Workspaces act like mini-project portals with their own collection of files, calendars, and discussions. You could build a workspace around a team, a client, or a project – it’s up to you!
When you invite users into your Workspace you can assign them individual and team access rights. For example, you might only want clients to have read-only access across a small number of approved files.
It’s a level of administration and document management that file sharing tools like Box or Dropbox just can’t match.
Build a client portal in 10 minutes
Unlike Box, which may require hefty custom configuration and third-party development if you want to create your own client portals, Huddle works out of the box (forgive the pun). In fact, you could be up and running with your own cloud-based Huddle client portal in just 10 minutes.
Here’s how simple it is:
- Create and name a new Huddle Workspace (Two Minutes)
- Add a client logo and custom image to brand your Workspace (Five minutes)
- Create a client team profile and set team permissions (One minute)
- Invite your clients to join Huddle (Two minutes)
Why our users prefer Huddle
Why our users prefer Huddle
- Tools like Box, DropBox, OneDrive, and Google Drive are built around files and folders. This makes it hard to partition teams and projects, which can create folder sprawl.
- Some tools, including Box.com offer no iCal support for integration with your Outlook calendar
- Huddle is more than just a one dimensional online storage solution. Our features are built around the need for users to easily share
Get started with Huddle
- If you're using an existing tool like Box, Dropbox, Sharefile or Onedrive, it's easy to migrate your content to Huddle.
- Our mobile apps for Android and iOS make it easy to stay connected, track the latest updates, and even set / action approvals when you're on the road.
- Automatic file syncing means everyone always has access to the most current version of a file. Sync clients to the latest changes, so there's no more miscommunication or effort wasted on an old file version!
- Custom branding options allow you to add your client logo, to create a branded client portal experience.
Ready to talk to one of our industry experts?
Build secure client portals
Create client-branded spaces where teams and clients can keep track of work, share updates, and view project deliverables.
Approved for Government use
Huddle is FedRamp approved, reduces cost, and improves federal agency collaboration and document security.